Term of use
- The Portal is a directory of information resources about education and training regarding pain management, which offers, in particular, a targeted search tool for categorized information according to the type of resource, user, knowledge sought and field of interest, as well as according to the desired medium and language. By accessing the Portal, you agree to do so on a voluntary basis, without any obligation or external constraint.
- The QPRN Services should not be used if you need immediate help (e.g., severe pain, sudden sharp pain, etc.) or in case of emergency. If you have a problem that requires immediate help or urgent assistance, you should:
- call the Info-Santé 811 telephone consultation services by dialling 811 to communicate with a nurse;
- call the information and support line of the Quebec Association of Chronic Pain by dialling 1-855-368-5387 and;
- for all emergencies, immediately call the emergency services by dialling 911 or go quickly to the emergency department of the nearest health institution.IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING SUICIDE OR IF YOU MAY BE DANGEROUS TO YOURSELF OR OTHERS, YOU MUST STOP USING THE QPRN SERVICES AND CONTACT THE EMERGENCY SERVICES IMMEDIATELY BY DIALLING 911 OR BY GOING TO THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT OF THE NEAREST HEALTH INSTITUTION.
- The Portal does not offer any medical advice nor does it claim in any way to be a substitute for the services offered by duly qualified professionals such as psychologists, psychiatrists, doctors, physiotherapists, nurses and/or any other healthcare professional. We recommend that you always seek the advice of a healthcare professional for any question regarding your health. In any case, you should never exclude, avoid or delay following the recommendations made by your healthcare professional because of information provided through the Portal.
- By using the Portal, you acknowledge that although the content of the information provided through the Portal and the QPRN Content (as defined in paragraph 3.1 below) may have been prepared and/or verified by the QPRN and more particularly by resources with professional qualification in the health field, the content of such information and the QPRN Content does not create any professional relationship between a professional and a patient and does not in any way constitute an opinion, a medical advice, a diagnosis, a treatment for a specific pathology, and is provided solely for the purpose of giving you information on pain management.
- Due to the nature of the Internet, the QPRN cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted availability and accessibility of the Portal. The QPRN may temporarily suspend the availability of the Portal or certain parts or modules thereof if the QPRN deems, in its sole discretion, that modifications must be made to the Portal, to protect the security or integrity of its servers or to maintain or improve the Portal. You acknowledge and agree that the QPRN may improve, increase or modify the Portal or introduce or withdraw new QPRN Services from time to time.
- In order to access and use the Portal, you must be a natural person of at least thirteen (13) years old seeking to learn about pain and its management solutions for personal and non-commercial purposes whether as a patient, a caregiver or as a healthcare professional (collectively the “User,” “you,” or “your”).
- The QPRN allows Users to access and display any content that the QPRN may make available on or through the Portal such as texts, photos, videos or other materials and information, including content from the QPRN which is owned by it and any content licensed or authorized for the use of the QPRN by a third party (the “QPRN Content”).
- The Portal and the QPRN Content may, in whole or in part, be protected by copyright, trademark and/or other applicable laws of Canada and other countries. You acknowledge and agree that the Portal and the QPRN Content, including all intellectual property rights associated with it, are and shall remain the exclusive property of the QPRN and/or its licensors or third parties allowing such use. You shall not remove, alter or otherwise affect any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights incorporated in or accompanying the Portal or the QPRN Content. All trademarks, brands, logos, trade names and any other intellectual property of the QPRN, as the case may be, used or related to the Portal and the QPRN Content are trademarks or registered trademarks of the QPRN in Canada. You acknowledge and agree that the trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and other third party intellectual property rights used or related to the Portal and/or the QPRN Content are used for identification purposes only and may be the property of their respective owners.
- use the Portal; and
- access and view any content made available to you on or through the Portal, including the QPRN Content, and accessible for your personal and non-commercial use.
- The QPRN complies with all copyright laws and expects its Users to comply with them as well. If you believe that any content on the Portal infringes any third party intellectual property rights, please notify us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a User of the Portal, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for complying with all laws, rules, regulations and obligations that may apply to you in the context of your use of the Portal.
- As part of your use of the Portal, you agree not to:
- use or display the Portal or the QPRN Content or any other individual item found within the Portal, the name of the QPRN, any trademark of the QPRN, the logo or any other intellectual property right or the design of any page contained on the Portal, without having obtained the prior written consent of the QPRN;
- dilute, affect or otherwise violate any trademark owned by the QPRN in any way including through unauthorized use of the QPRN Content by registering and/or using the QPRN name or derived terms in domain names, trade names, trademarks or others, or by registering and/or using domain names, trademarks or other identifiers which closely emulate or create confusion with the domain name or trademark of the QPRN;
- use any malware to access and/or collect any data on any User of the Portal and/or the QPRN Content found on the Portal;
- attempt to decipher, compile or reverse engineer or any similar action with respect to any software used to provide the Portal;
- take any action that could cause damage or affect the performance or proper functioning of the Portal; or
- violate or infringe the rights of any person or otherwise cause harm to any person.
- The QPRN makes no representations or warranties regarding the proper functioning of the Portal, its suitability for use or the absence of errors or interruptions during its use.
- The QPRN makes no representations or warranties regarding the skills or representations of researchers and/or healthcare professionals who have contributed to the development of the QPRN Content, nor the quality or accuracy of the information provided. It is your responsibility, at all times, to consult healthcare professionals of your choice for any pain management issue as well as to validate their skills and experience.
- The QPRN makes no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, veracity and representativeness, as the case may be, of the QPRN Content or any other content that the QPRN may make available on or through the Portal.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, considering that the Portal contains hyperlinks leading to Third Party Websites and that the QPRN has no control over the content of those Third Party Websites, the QPRN makes no warranty and cannot be held responsible for the validity of the content, products and services offered, as the case may be, on the Third Party Websites, or for any compatibility problem of the Third Party Websites with your devices and computer systems, or for the contamination by computer viruses attributable to the use of Third Party Websites or inadequate data protection, as the case may be, on Third Party Websites, or for the collection of your personal information and its use and disclosure on those Third Party Websites. For any compatibility problem, we refer you to our accessibility policy which is accessible through the following hyperlink http://www.gerermadouleur.ca/en/privacy-policy/.
- THE PORTAL COMPONENTS, ITS CONTENT AND/OR THE QPRN SERVICES (AS THE CASE MAY BE) ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE QPRN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, WHETHER WRITTEN OR VERBAL, LEGAL OR CONTRACTUAL, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, DURABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- The QPRN cannot be held responsible for any damage resulting from your use of the Portal, the QPRN Content and/or the QPRN Services offered on the Portal. The QPRN makes no representations or warranties and expressly hereby disclaims any liability for any treatment or action based on information offered or submitted, directly or indirectly, as the case may be, through the Portal.
- The use of the QPRN Portal and QPRN Services is at your own risk.
- To the maximum extent permitted by any applicable law, you agree to release, defend (at the option of the QPRN), indemnify and hold the QPRN, including, without limitation, its officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claim, liability, damage, loss and expense including, without limitation, all legal and accounting costs, resulting from or in any way related to:
- your inappropriate use of the Portal or the QPRN Services,
your violation of any law, regulation or third party right.
- The QPRN may provide hyperlinks to Third Party Websites on the Portal. Those Third Party Websites may contain terms and conditions and privacy policies that are different from those of the QPRN. The QPRN is not responsible for the personal information that is collected, used or disclosed by any Third Party Website and the QPRN expressly disclaims any responsibility related to such collection, use or disclosure.
- Failure of a Party to act following a violation by another Party shall not constitute a waiver of that first Party’s right in connection with subsequent or similar violations.